BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] After Updating mediapress, groups do not show option to view gallery.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Deepak on #784

Hey,
    Thanks for the update and it resolved the my last issue. But after update I am not able to add gallery options to groups. Even after selecting “groups” option from mediapress settings, it is not working for groups.

Also In previous version, I have a issue of pagination on media and single media page.
    I fixed the one on group Media page by as below code:
    On line 369 of class-mpp-media-query.php
    Reaplce

if ( $current_page != $this->get( ‘paged’ ) )
    $current_page = 1;

with

$current_page = $this->get(‘paged’);
    if (!$current_page) {
    $current_page = 1;
    }

But I was not able to fix one on single media page where I need links for next and previous media of froup.
    When I checked the source code of page, there is an option for next and previous media but it is not working. May be some problem with the wpdb query used in function? I tried but was not successful in fixing this issue.

Any help here?
    Thanks 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #785

Hi Deepak,
    Thank you for reporting.
    Are you sure you are on the latest version? Both these are fixed in the current trunk. I looked at it on my test install and it is fixed.

Thank you for looking into Media Query, That line is fixed and exactly same as you have mentioned(line 373).

Can you please check ( You can use meld diff viewer to see the diffs )?

• Participant
    Deepak on #787

Yes, I am sure.
    I have a previous installation of a wp site, which I copied to staging. Then I renamed the old version and uploaded new one which I downloaded right now from this link https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress

After uploading and activating when I visit to a group page, I am not able to see any option to view gallery which is present if I downgrade to previous version.

Below are the screenshots:
    Before Updation:
    Group Page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GNRErM2MaYNGppM2o2VWpHeTA/view?usp=sharing

After Updation:
    setting page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GNRErM2MaYY2hWUUtMSDRyS2s/view?usp=sharing

Group Page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GNRErM2MaYV0dmbGhRa1VYVlk/view?usp=sharing

Also if you can tell me how to fix previous and next link issue, that will be a quick relief as for now this is all I want.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #790

Hi Deepak,
    Can you please post a sreenshot of MediaPress settings->Groups tab. Is the audio/video/photo etc checked under groups tab?

We have introduced the gallery type based on component( say photo gallery for users and document galleries for the groups). So, these types might cause some issue.

• Participant
    Deepak on #792
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #793

Hi Deepak,
    If possible, Please Pm me the site details( also allow me a demo admin login for 1 hours). Btw, Is it multisite or standard WordPress ?

• Participant
    Deepak on #794

Hey,
    It is a standard wordpress installation. I have messaged you details
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #795

Hi Deepak,
    Thank you for the details. It helped.

The Gallery for individual groups are disabled by default( I believe this is something that crept in last updates) if you did not check “Enable Gallery” while creating the group.
    If the group was created before, you can go to Single Group->Manage->settings and check that box. That fixes it.

I understand it is a bit bad idea to have it disabled by default for old groups, will fix this in the trunk today. till then, please go ahead and enable that checkbox. That will do it for the groups.

• Participant
    Deepak on #797

Thank you so much Brajesh.It worked and Sorry about never exploring the options, never thought that it can happen as it was working with older version. I will explore it.

Also, on single media page of groups, I am still not able to see Links for next and previous media/post?
    And the shortcode [mpp-gallery] is not working anymore?

Thanks 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #798

Hi Deepak,
    No problem.
    I guess I dropped [mpp-gallery]. Use [mpp-list-gallery] instead. Looking at the prev/next link now. I will reinstate that shortcode again as some of the sites might be already using it So, will just make it an alias of the [mpp-list-gallery]

The topic ‘ [Resolved] After Updating mediapress, groups do not show option to view gallery.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved