BuddyDev

Search

Ajax Registration with Social Login

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Milo on #687

Yes this is strange. I have network disabled the redirect plugin. I have disabled the plugin on the site as well but BP DAR is still showing in the sidebar. I have also disabled the re-direction within the plugin itself but it is still not working on any of the browsers on my Mac.

• Participant
    Milo on #688

Maybe we better start a pm and I will let you in the admin area because I have now deleted the plugin but it is still showing in the sidebar

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #689

Please check your bp-custom.php or theme’s functions.php

That redirect can not be caused by bp login redirect plugin. It is before the user is logging in. Some code/plugin is redirecting on account activation.

• Participant
    Milo on #690

Yes but the only time I used the url:

http://relativeu.com/log-in-after-registration/

was with the bp login redirect plugin

Also so strange I have completely removed the plugin and its files but it is STILL showing in the sidebar BP DAR

• Participant
    Milo on #691

Ok I think I just figured it out. Sec I will test…

• Participant
    Milo on #692

Ah yes working nicely now. I would like to redirect to their buddypress profile page after they register AND when they login is this going to be possible now?

Like this…
    http://relativeu.com/members/brajesh/

• Participant
    Milo on #693

Also I noticed one small text error…

Should say: “Welcome ABOARD”

not “Welcome ABROAD”

Maybe you can correct that when you are fixing the css

• Participant
    Milo on #702

Hi Brajesh,
    I used your “BP Redirect To Profile” with this configuration and everything is working fine. I would just like it if they could go to their profile page after sign up as well. That is the only thing missing for me now. I really like this layout everything looks really cool on the sign up with this Ajax plugin… nice work.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #724

HI Milo,
    Sorry for keeping you waiting. I have looked into it and there is a hook available in current version to do that. I will need an hour to test if that works( since I saw that User ID is not passed), If not, will update ajax registration plugin.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #738

Hi Milo,
    I have updated the plugin.

1. it fixes the type
    2. Changes the text domain to ‘bp-ajax-registration’. The new localized files should be named ‘bp-ajax-registration-YourLocale.mo’ in the languages directory. will load from WordPress languages directory too.

3. Please put this code in your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'bpajaxr_redirect_url', 'buddydev_redirect_to_profile_on_ajax_registration', 10, 2 );

function buddydev_redirect_to_profile_on_ajax_registration( $url = '', $user_id = 0 ) {

if( ! $user_id ) {
    		return $url ;
    	}

$url = bp_core_get_user_domain( $user_id );
    	return $url;
    }

After the upgrade, It will redirect the users to their profile.

Hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved