BuddyDev

Search

BP Default Email Notification Settings Control – ETA for new version?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Anders Vogt on #148

Hi,

Any news on when the new version is coming, with support for controlling the settings for already existing members?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #149

Hi Anders,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forum.

Thank you for asking this. There is a catch and that’s why We haven’t implemented it. If we implement it in simple ways, Admins may reset the preference for the existing users(who already updated).

Is that ok? We want to go with all or nothing approach to use simple sql update. If we start checking for user preference and then updating, It will be a very resource consuming operations.

If the all or nothing approach is fine, please let me know and we will have it implemented.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Anders Vogt on #152

Thanks for the quick reply.

For now it would be great to have the simple option as I am importing all of our users at once and then would be resetting all the preferences to no.

As for the resource intensive variant:
    Would it slow the whole site to a crawl, or would it simply take some time to finish?

Thanks,
    Anders

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #154

Hi Anders,
    Thank you. I will have this option today 🙂

About the 2nd option, That depends on the size of the community. If there are 1000 users, It is not too much but if there are 100,000 users, then It will take a lot of time as we will have to check the preference for individual users if it is set or not and then update.

If we plan to implement it in future, It will be all about time as PHP scripts have time limit, the update will be like doing it in batches. So, It is not going to consume all resources but take a lot of time for the larger community.

• Participant
    Anders Vogt on #155

Great!

Regarding the 2nd option, I would very much like this option as well. My community is a intranet site with about 100 users, so it does not sound like there will be much problem with resources or time to check the preferences.

Maybe implement this as well, but warn against using it on very large sites?

If you need betatesting, I am willing to help as I need to get this implemented as soon as possible on my site.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #158

Hi Anders,
    I am sorry but I won’t be able to have the second option included in today’s upgrade. To make that efficient, It will need time to implement.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #165

Hi Anders,
    Just updating. Have been doing some update and we will have this ready for you in next 12 hours or so.

• Participant
    Anders Vogt on #226

Great work!

Where can I find it?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #229

Hi Anders,
    I am sorry I haven’t pushed it yet on the site. will push and post back here tonight.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #242

Hi Anders,
    I have pushed the changes now. Please upgrade to 1.0.1 and you will see the Bulk update settings at the bottom. Please check and let me know if that works for you or not?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved