BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Bug with featured image – BuddyBlog / Simple Front End Post.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rodolfo Nakakubo on #2314

Ni Brajesh,

I found a bug with the featured image posting, using BuddyBlog and Simple Front End Post. I realized that when the post was created, the featured image was uploaded, but not abled to be published after click on the frontend link. Just after the post was saved and opened again to edit, the featured image link worked and the image was published.

Do you have any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2317

Hi Rodolfo,
    Which version of BuddyPress & WordPress are you using? Is it a multisite install? Also, the user posting was a normal user or admin?

• Participant
    Rodolfo Nakakubo on #2320

Hi Brajesh,

The WP version is 4.4.1using single installation. The plugins are BuddyPress version 2.4.3, BuddyBlog 1.1.4, Blog Categories for Groups 1.2.1 and BP Single Front End Post 1.2.7.

The error occurred with both admin or author users.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2334

Thank you. I will get back to you a little bit late today with testing(and fixes if required)

• Participant
    Rodolfo Nakakubo on #2336

Brajesh.

Another issue with BuddyBlog is related with the comments. I realized that the comments were disabled on posts, even if it was checked on the admin panel of the plugin.

Thank you for your support!

• Participant
    Rodolfo Nakakubo on #2373

Hi Brajesh,

Have you seen this issue?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2375

Hi Rodolfo,
    I am sorry but I am not able to produce any of these.

I am on WordPress 4.4.1/BuddyPress 2.4.3 and using BuddyBlog 1.1,4 and BP Simple front end post 1.2.7

Can you please post a screenshot of your settings page for BuddyBlog?

• Participant
    Rodolfo Nakakubo on #2381

Hi Brajesh,

Here are some screenshots. When the user is posting from the simple frontend editor, after choosing the featured image link, the image is uploaded to the gallery, but not inserted to the post. Just after the post was saved and re-edited, the featured image worked well.

Buddyblog settings
    http://invencao.cc/collab/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/buddyblog_admin.png

Featured Image – the image was uploaded to the gallery
    http://invencao.cc/collab/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/admin_featured_image.png

Simple Front end Post Edit – the image was not placed to the post.
    http://invencao.cc/collab/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/frontend_post_edit.png

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2384

Hi Rodolfo,
    Thank you. I am thinking about some possibilities. Is there any chance that you upgraded from older version of Simple front end post plugin?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #2537

Hi Brajesh,

I also have the same problem.
    I have been using an older version of Simple Front End plugin and later I updated it.
    Is there anything to do to make it work?

Or is it possible to remove the featured image functionality and get the media from post as featured image?

Thanks,
    Leo

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Bug with featured image – BuddyBlog / Simple Front End Post.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved