BuddyDev

Search

Conditional Fields plugin won't activate

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Paul Henderson on #3672

I just downloaded the BP conditional fields plugin 1.1.9. I’m using WP4.5 and the latest Buddypress. The plugin installed fine but will not activate. I’ve tried multiple times and get the ‘plugin activated’ success message but when I look at the plugin list it is not activated. I’ve tried deleting, redownloading and reinstalling but still no luck. It will not activate.
    Thoughts?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3674

Hi Paul,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    It seems a very strange behavior. Please give me 5 minutes to verify and I will get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3675

Hi Paul,
    I just tested it on WordPress 4.5 and BuddyPress 2.5.2. The plugin activates and works fine.

The strange part is if it is getting deactivated, It should have given you atleast some error message.

Can you please provide me temporary access to your admin dashboard. I will be happy to look there to see what is going on. My email is brajesh@buddydev.com

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Paul Henderson on #3684

Hi,
    Yes this is working now. I don’t know the cause but after closing out all browsers and waiting a few hours the plugin did activate so now working.

One question — I have been able to set up some xprofile forms that work fine on the front end of the BuddyPress profile area. For this area (within BP Profile) the conditional forms work nicely.

However, I’m not able to get them to work properly on the BP Registration page. The form fields are displayed, but there’s nothing ‘conditional’ happening. The Registration page just displays everything rather than show/hide per field input.

Is this plugin supposed to work on the BuddyPress Registration page? Or just the BP Profile front end? If it is supposed to work on the Registration page, do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3685

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for the details. I believe it was some caching issue .

The plugin should work on registration page too. If it is not working, It may have some issues(or some type of conflict). Can you please post me the url to your registration page? I can check it quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Paul Henderson on #3720
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3721
  • Participant
    Paul Henderson on #3722
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3733

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved