BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Modify a imporant function in BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    richard gueron on #737

Hello Brajesh,

I really love this addon , very usefull however i need to modify a behavior on it.

Let say an user comment one of my post, this addon will tell you: X has comment your post. If you click on it, it will bring you on this particular post (outside the activity page)

The link will look like this : http://www.website.com/activity/p/447

Is it possible to link directly to the post inside the user’s activity wall? something like this: http://www.website.com/members/membername/activity#activity-447 ?

That would be really better! Thank you for your time again 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #742

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for posting this.

The problem with second approach is that while the url may be valid for newer comments/activity( if there are less than 20 activities), It won’t work if an activity goes out of the current page loop( being old enough). That’s why we are linking to the single activity thread.

Does that clarify the use case or you still see the point in making it like the second one?

I am open to suggestions and will love to improve the plugin

• Participant
    richard gueron on #745

Ok so if i understand it’s not depend of the activity of user’s profile, but global activity loop?

(I think)Buddypress natively apply the second approach with their notification system, correct me if i am wrong (maybe it’s notifications coming from another plugin)

Unfortunatly i am not a dev so i can’t help you technicly on this, only thing i can do is give you some money to help the process.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #767

Hi Richard,
    Some plugin might be doing that. BuddyPress core does not do that. If we use the second approach, a user won’t be able to see the actual activity( in most of the case). That is related to how urls work. This is the reason we are using absolute url to the activity item.

Hope that clarifies.

• Participant
    richard gueron on #773

I understand and i thank you for your clarifications but it’s a strange limitation from wp and/or buddypress

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #828

No problem. Closing this topic as resolved. Sorry for not being able to help much on that.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Modify a imporant function in BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved