Restrict Email Domains

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #2481

Hello,

Multisite
    Buddypress on Main site
    Everything up to date

Is there a limit to the number of emails I can put in?
    I have a high school with 1767 students that I need to get their emails into. I can get 1193 and it will let any one register with any email.

Any help is appreciates.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2482

Hi Jay,
    Is it not allowing you to add more than 1193, There is no limit(It is being stored in options table which is a mysql longtext field(which is around 4GB and should allow more than 100K emails(not great for performance though as we load it as array)).

Can you please explain the current behavior( anyone can register with any email?)

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2486

Hi Brajesh,

I was having problems initially adding emails. If there were any spaces behind the email it would not work. Any email address could register. I removed all the spaces and tried adding all the emails in at once. When I did this I tried to register an email that was not in the list. It allowed the registration to go through.

I then started adding 50 at a time and checking each time. Things worked well until I got to 1193. When I added the 1194 email it would again allow the registration.

I do have the Auto Activate Auto Login plugin activated on the site.

Thanks for the help Brajesh

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2487

I should add that I am adding the emails one per line

joe@email.com
    jane@email.com
    bill@email.com

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2488

Thank you for clarifying Jay. Please let me check it and I will get back to you in next 5-10 minutes.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2491

Hi Jay,
    Can you please check if there is an empty line at the bottom of the list? I am sorry about that but after the last entry, there should not be any empty line/space. That matches everything and allows registration from all.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2493

Hi Brajesh,

There is no line or space. I’ve been checking that after every entry.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2494

Hi Jay,
    Can you please send me a temporary admin access on brajesh@buddydev.com

Need to check a few things to fix it.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2495

You have Admin Access.

http://chinook.school-core.com/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2496

Ok, I have got the reason and yes, our regular expression is failing after the limit you specified. I got this message in debug

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 

So, we need to keep the list small. Now, That will not be an issue in your case.

As I see, most of your emails are from a particular domain. Do you want to allow all users from that to register? If yes, we can use just one entry for all of them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved