BuddyDev

Search

Restrict Email Domains

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2497

There are other solutions too( like dynamically setting the limit ) but I will prefer the normal ways as if the domain suits your need, It can make 1000+ entry to one single.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #2498

The problem is that all the schools in the district have that domain. I want to stop other students from other high schools from registering on this site. We just want to the Chinook High students and not the students from other school.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2499

I can allow that domain for now, but I would really like to be able to have the ability to input specific student email addresses.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2500

Hi Jay,
    No problem. Let us fix it then for larger limit.
    What is your expected number of users you want to allow? Any idea?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2501

Is there a way to have it unlimited? Every year new students will be signing up and I was going to allow the old students to keep their e-Portfolios.

If you think that might be way too much then I guess 3000 would do. I will install a plugin that I have on my other sites that will detect unused site and remove them.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2502

Hi Jay,
    In that case, It will be better for now to limit by the domain name and I can update this plugin in next 2 weeks to have a separate table for storing email. That will remove any limit.

For now, add the last part of the email to allow the registration from a site.

So, instead of adding
    one@example.com
    two@example.com

we can just add
    example.com

That will allow registrations from example.com domain but not others. I will keep this thread active and redo the plugin in next two week, the current storage implementation is not going to work for large scale.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2503

Perfect, thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2506

Thank you Jay.

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #2510

Hi Brajesh,

Just to give you an update. I had a class register today and everything worked for the most part. However, I did have 6 students that were not allow to login because the error “that email is already in use” came up to them.

I tried adding them on the backend and got the same error. I disabled the plugin and got them registered.

I used the lethsd.ab.ca

Not sure if I did something wrong. I have another class registering tomorrow morning.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2511

Hi Jay,
    The email already in use should not come from this plugin. It is strange that it fixes it. The already in use means either they created the account earlier and have pending account or already existing account. It is very strange that this plugin is doing that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved