BuddyPress Message Restrictions advance options allow you to restrict users for sending , replying and recieving messages based on roles. To enable this option please visit Message Restrictions->General->Advance and set “Enable advance restrictions rules” to ” Yes, By Role” option.
Here is a screenshot showing Advance options.
After enabling by role option you can see tabs for each role.
Here is a screenshot showing options according to roles.
1. Enable/Disable:- If you want custom message restrictions settings for Adminsitor you have to enable this option. This option override the general settings.
New Message Restrictions:-
2. Restrict sending messages by Administrator:- You can restrict Administrator from sending new messages.
3. Which role can receive a message:- Restrict the users who can receive messages from this role. Only allowed roles will be able to receive messages from administrators.
4. Apply threshold limit? This option allows site admin to set a maximum limit for this role. You can disable to set no limit for the allowed roles.
5. How many new messages Administrator can send:- Maximum number of message this role user can send.
6. Apply duration:- You can either set a limit for the lifetime or use this option to apply the limit for a certain duration. It allows you to setup a rate limiter like 5 messages per day.
7. During the time(In minutes):- Site admin can set sending new message durations in minutes.
BuddyPress Message Reply Restrictions section allows you to configure restrictions for administrator role on message replies.
1. Restrict making reply by Administrator:- Apply restrictions on Administrators while making replies.
2. Which role can receive replies from Administrator:- Allowed user roles can receive replies from Administrator.
3. Apply threshold limits? This option allows you to set a maximum limit of replies an administrator can make. You can disable this to apply no limit for the allowed user roles.
4. How many replies Administrator can make:- Set how many replies administrator can make.
5. Apply duration? If enabled, Duration will be applied on Administrator.
6. During the time(In Minutes):- Set the duration in minutes for Administrator
BuddyPress Receiving Message Restrictions for Administrator has the following options.
1. Restrict message receiving by Administrator? You can apply a restriction on receiving messages on Administrator
2. Allowed roles:- Allow users to send messages to Administrators based on their roles.