BuddyDev

Search

ajax login – User activity shortcode

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    giuseppe on #43358

Hello,

i want to subscribe to buddypress premium plugins yearly and I have some questions.

I need that the activity page of the member (and not only his stream) is showed in all the page I need when he is logged and, when a visitor, the login/register ajax is shown.

The ajax login / registration form should appears only when the User is not logged.

When logged it should appear as facebook-like User (as by the other plugin).

So,
    1. does ajax plugin shows login form /register and it does not appear if the User is already logged (for example because the User has not logout in the browser) and, in this case, it appears the activity of the facebook-like User?
    2. Are registering fields customizable and also inserting the fields needed for the automated group plugin to insert the new user in the group?
    3. Beeing crucial for me to have an automated system to control spam registration the best we can, what is the most updated solution considering that capthca solution indicated in another topic regarding ajax system is 6 years old, not supported nor renewed, and that it would be preferable not to use google in any case?

I’m absolutely ready to subscribe, I just need to understand the settings.

Many thanks,

Giuseppe

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    giuseppe on #43369

Hello,

any news? I should finalize my website.

Many thanks,

Giuseppe

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43370

Hi Giuseppe,
    Thank you for your interest in the plugin.

Our plugins may help with some of your tasks but you will need custom code to achieve what you are looking for.

I will be replying to your individual point in the evening today(It’s weekend and we are off for now).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43442

Hi Giuseppe,
    Thank you for the patience.

does ajax plugin shows login form /register and it does not appear if the User is already logged (for example because the User has not logout in the browser) and, in this case, it appears the activity of the facebook-like User?

I am not sure of the second part of your question. The plugin will not show the forms form logged in users.

Are registering fields customizable and also inserting the fields needed for the automated group plugin to insert the new user in the group?

Yes. You can choose the profile fields. They come from Base Profile field Group.
    The group automation was not tested with this plugin but they should work fine. I am not seeing any reason for them to not work together. If they don’t, we will update.

Beeing crucial for me to have an automated system to control spam registration the best we can, what is the most updated solution considering that capthca solution indicated in another topic regarding ajax system is 6 years old, not supported nor renewed, and that it would be preferable not to use google in any case?

We haven’t tested this with cleantalk but you may give that a try. I am not aware of any other good plugin for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved