BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Privacy follow support

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #33288

Hello,

Will your new plugin support the follow plugin with added privacy option for followers and following. This privacy option is needed for sites that have disabled the friendship component.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33291

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the question.

Yes, we will. In fact, in our very next update(next week) we will be adding that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #33320

I just noticed that I don’t use the friendship component but the privacy option (My Friends) is being displayed, this privacy option is meant to be disabled since I don’t use friend component but follow plugin.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33321

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for reporting. I did notice that too. Let me put a quick update for it today.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #33326

Thanks for the feedback but I also think the (All members) privacy option should also be disabled while using the follow plugin or what do you think?

so while follow plugin is activated
    privacy option (My friends) and (All members) should be disabled

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33344

Hi Tosin,

We will be releasing the update by Thursday that includes the support for follow plugin. We do plan to allow admins to select which privacy types will be visible in future. it may not be part of the next update though(e.g we will not remove All Members).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33412

Hi Tosin,

@ravisharma
    has updated the plugin with follow support and fixed the friends option visibility issue. Please give it a try and let me know if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #33424

Hello Brajesh,

Thanks for the new update I would suggest that you change the text (Persons I follow) to (Members I follow) since using member types, I have custom member types called business, organization and brand. I think using the world (Persons) would not represent or fit properly with this custom member types, but using the word (Members) is more generic.

What are your thoughts if you think otherwise.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33476

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

sure, I believe these are same and we don’t have any issue changing the label.

We will update it in next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34708

Hi Tosin,
    We have released another update and it contains following changes:-

1. You can control which levels are enabled
    2. You can control the default privacy level
    3. You can control if you want to enable users to set their default privacy or not?

In future, we want to allow reordering the privacy levels in the dropdown. For labels, Please consider using the translation.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved