BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress extended Profile and user role

• Profile photo of mamir
    Participant
    Initiated
    mamir on #7332

Dear Support Team,

I want to show the extended Profile pannel/navigation only for admin.
    The normal user are allowed to create but not edit their profile only admin or Editor are allowed to edit. How can I achieve this?

Thanks
    Amir

• Profile photo of Brajesh Singh
    Keymaster
    Yogi
    Brajesh Singh on #7338

Hi Amir,
    can you please tell me the context? is it related to some of our plugins/theme or is it something else?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Profile photo of mamir
    Participant
    Initiated
    mamir on #7357

Hi Brajesh,
    If you go to adminpanel – setting – buddypress here you will see the BuddyPress Settings.

Extended Profiles
    Customise your community with fully editable profile fields that allow your users to describe themselves.

In my case this Extended Profile should be edited only by admin. Normally every user can change his profile. If somebody click to their profile – he should only see but cannot change. He can only change Profile Photo, change cover image but not the Profile content.

If somebody click after login (on the top right corner where the image, logout and profile links) – profile than he can only see the profile but cannot change it.
    That is right. Here the url is /testuser/profile

I have tried to do it with css and some plugin. But it functions partially. If somebody click on the Avatar/Image after login than he can Edit the Profile. That is wrong.
    Here the url is testuser/profile/edit/group/1/ –
    How can I change the url for this senario. Instead of testuser/profile/edit/group/1/ the url will be /testuser/profile.

Thanks
    Amir

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of mamir mamir.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of mamir mamir.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved