BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types: Tags field

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    scoob on #43846

Hi BuddyDev Team!
    Great plugin (thank you!) – which I use for a community in the healthcare sector for ill and disabled patients.
    I use the field type “Tags” to provide patients the option to store the specific diagnosis, which can be multiple, e.g. “Autism, Depression”

Here are some things, I figured out when trying the field type TAGS:

1. Tags are removable in Users Profile View:
    When viewing the users owned profile, the entered tags can be deleted by clicking the hyperlink [x] (class=”bpxcftr-remove-tag”).
    Is it possible to remove this delete-function? Because the purpose of “View Profile” should be view-only. If users want to edit the profile, they should head to the specific “Edit Profile” view, where the tags can be selected, added and deleted.

2. Display issue: “Edit Profile” mode -> entering tags
    2.1 When entering tags, the first 3 letters typed by the user are hidden by the magnifier icon. Can this be changed?
    2.2 The input form where tags are entered is not responsive. If the window is rezeised, the form width stays fixed.

3. Minor typo error at: Profile Fields -> Edit field -> Type: Tags
    A small typo error at the end/checkbox to allow users to add new tags: “enable select2strong> from”

Thanks a lot!

SysInfo:
    Buddyboss Platform (Pro) and Theme in latest version (release yesterday).
    No multiside. No subdomain.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43864

Hello Scoob

Welcome to the BuddyDev Forums. I will check and will get back to you within 24 hrs.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    scoob on #43874

Hi Ravi, I highly appreciate your support! Thanks!

• Participant
    scoob on #43896

Hi Ravi, any news on this? If you sent it by email in the last 24 hours, I had problems with my inbox. Thanks a lot and don’t feel pressured 🙂

• Participant
    scoob on #44015

Hi Ravi, do you already have an update in planning? kind thanks!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #44017

Hello Scoob,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have asked @sbrajesh to look at it. He will update you within 24 hrs.

For hyperlink: “[x]” is only visible to the user who is viewing their own profile.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    scoob on #44021

I figured out that the hyperlink [x] is only for the logged-in user. But from a user experience, I suggest to only edit the profile in the “Edit Profile” view where all profile fields are editable.

From a users perspective (and even so experience) it would be cool if the tag-hyperlink redirects to the member search that lists all members from the same clicked tag. So for example: if there is a tag-field for hobbies and user A submits the tags “chess, soccer, food”, then the user profile hyperlink on “soccer” should show a list of all soccer friends out there.

thanks to both of you!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44060

Hi Scoob,
    Thank you for the feedback.

1. We will add a filter to disable the [x]
    2. The Tags field is a compat field for the old plugin(of which this is a fork). The values were stored as serialized ids of the term, so searching with Tags/post types are not feasible.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    scoob on #44149

Hi Brajesh, thanks for the news. Do you have an expected release date? Kind regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44175

Hi Scoob,
    Thank you.
    We will be pushing the update next week around 4th/5th April.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved