BuddyDev

Search

Filter for specific members type in the members loop

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    y2gabs on #25392

Hey there, I’m creating a second members-loop page template that I’d like to filter for a specific members type(s). I can’t use your members type filter shortcode because I can only display specific profile fields in this members loop (which differ from my main members loop page) for privacy reasons. How can I use your plugin to filter for a specific members type inside the members loop?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25393

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

Since you can not use the shortcode and you are creating a different page/loop, your best option is to use
    member_type__not_in or member_type__in option in the bp_has_members()
    You can specify one or more member type to exclude or include.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    y2gabs on #25404

Thanks very much for your reply! I’m having a tough time finding the best syntax implementation of what you describe above. Can you elaborate with an example. Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25412

Hi,
    Are you able to use bp_has_members in your loop? Can you please post the line you are using for it and I can share the updated version of that with you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    y2gabs on #25439

Hi Brajesh! Thanks so much for your reply here! I actually don’t know where to start with an example using the bp_has_members hook in a loop. Are you able to provide me with a snippet that I can start with that includes filtering for a member type?

Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25440

Hi,
    I am sorry if I was notr very clear.

Since you mentioned you are creating a custom loop, Can you please tell me how are you creating a custom loop?

If you create a members loop, It will need the above function. If I can get some idea on how are you creating the members loop, I can assist better.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    y2gabs on #25474

Oh no, my bad. I am not creating a custom loop, I’m creating a custom page template with a members loop inside of it. Basically each page template will be a loop filtered for a specific member type. Does that make sense?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25487

Hi,
    I am sorry but what is the custom loop. Unless you modify something how will you be able to create a custom loop.

If you want to filter for member type and do not want to use our shortcode, you will need to write a loop.

I need to know the code for that loop.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved