Effective Nov 15, 2009.
Table Of Contents:
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- The Way We Use Information:
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- Our Suggestions
- How To Contact Us
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:-
We collect two types of information from you to provide a better and more engaging experience with BuddyDev.
- Information you give us:- This falls into the category of personal information(e.g Name, Email, Address(if applicable), Company Details(if applicable) ) which you provide while registering on the site, purchasing on the site or contacting us.
- Information collected by technological means:-
- Non Personal details:- While this information does not personally identify you, it may include information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, occupation etc) and use of our site. We do not collect these information directly but the Google Analytics/WordPress.com Stats might collect it and we use these two on our site.
- Device information:- When you visit the our site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as web browser, IP address, operating system, time zone and some of the cookies that are saved on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site.
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with third parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. Your account on our site is used to provide you support via our support forums.
We use your email addresses to communicate with you(provide replies to your queries). It is not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
When you register on this site, your profile details(name, about) are publicly available. We do not share your email with anyone. Your activities such as comment, forum posts, other activities are public by nature.
If you are opting for our newsletter, your provided Name/email is shared with our email marketing partner(Mailchimp).
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Sharing your personal information:-
Google Analytics :- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WordPress.com Stats:- We also use the stats by WordPress.com. You may read more about their privacy and data retention policy here.
We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging in to your profile.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error if you are unable to update it yourself.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through our contact form..
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to United States, India.
When you register or place an order through the Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Do not disclose the information, you don't want to make available publicly. Any information you fill in your profile, will be available publicly except your email. So please use it wisely, or inform us to de-list your profile from the members directory.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: May 24, 2018.