BuddyDev

Search

Anonymous – User Profiles

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Katrine Spencer on #52647

Hello

I just noticed that all content on my members pages are gone (because of the Anonymous plugin”).

I would like my members to be able to visit other members content on their pages and the Anonymous plugin removed/hides all data from their pages. This is not optimal.

Is it possible to make it so that only the posts that are “Anonymous” would be hidden, so that their other content is still there?

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52648

Users should be able to see their own content (also if it is “anonymous”.
    When visting other members/profiles and their activity they should only see the content that are not marked “anonymous”.

Hope it makes sense? 🙂

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52649
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52650

I just tried setting up a staging site since my main site is private – and on there it works.. lol
    This means I’m now on the hunt to troubleshoot where else the cipatibility issue is.

I’ll be back on this in a second – since I do believe the anonymous plugin is having issues with third-party too.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52651

Hello Katrine,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Hope all goes well. Please do let me know if you face any kind of issues regarding this.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52652

Found the culprint. This is an issue with the rtMedia plugin – this has some issues with the Anonymous and when the two of these are together it’s shutting down the profile-pages for (other members).

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52653

After looking into it further it turns out that the privacy settings of rtMedia was the culprint. It did overrule the privacy settings and now that they’re turned of within the rtMedia plugin it seems to be working! 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52654

Hello Katrine,

Glad, You found the culprit. Please do further debugging to get the root cause of it. The following resource will help for further debugging.

https://developer.wordpress.org/advanced-administration/debug/debug-wordpress/

Share the error log so that I can help you with the issue if it is occurring because of the anonymous plugin.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52655

Hello Katrine,

Thank you for sharing the cause of the issue. I am glad that You fixed it on your own.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52656

Maybe someone else can use if in the future if they’re also using rtMedia (a lot of people are).

Thanks! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved