BuddyDev

Search

Anonymous – User Profiles

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Katrine Spencer on #52658

Hello again.

I was looking into it even more and was now missing a feature on the “set privacy” on posts which was set by the rtMedia Privacy settings. This works orignally in the theme (also with the settings turned on) – so back to the compatibility issue. I’ve been testing it again and it’s only when I turn on the Anonymous plugin when the content goes missing. so it’s a compatibility issue with your Anonymous plugin and the privacy settings on rtMedia.

This is not ideal since I need the features.

Can we look into this please? 🙂

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52661

The plugin rtMedia and everything with privacy settings works fine – it’s only when I activate the Anonymous plugin that I’m having the issues and it overwrites the privacy settings of the rtMedia plugin.

So we need to look into this since it now forces me to choose between the 2 plugins – and the anonymous is useless for me if this is not fixed. :/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52668

Hi Katrine,
    I am sorry, the problem is RT Media uploaded activity can not be marked as anonymous/should not be marked as anonymous.

do you have issues when the RT media activity is not marked as anonymous?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52670

Hello

I’ve tested this all morning and the rtMedia works perfectly with showing profile activity and handling the privacy when that is activated in the settings – it’s only when I activate the Anonymous plugin that is dosen’t work.

It works on the main stream, but the activities are not shown under each user profile.

I also saw another one post the same issue in your support stream back in 2018 – so it’s a compatibility issue on your end since rtMedia works fine – and the issue only shows up when the plugin is activated. 🙂

I hope there is a fix for this .. 🙁

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52671

I think the issue is that your plugin “hides” content from user profiles (at least when its marked as anonymous) – that’s the plan so that other users can’t see that a certain user posted that post anonymously. Like when you go into your own private activity you (and only you) can see the anonymous activity.. I think the Anonymous plugin for some reasdon then just hides “everything” from other user streams (groups, friends and everything).

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52672

It’s everything within the “Activity” tab that dosen’t work – everything else does.. https://ibb.co/ncT4M1Z
    So we need to find a solution to how we “get this back” even with the rtMedia Privacy activated.

When rtMedia is activated the main activity stream /activity works with both anonymous comments and privacy settings. the “only” issue is that it’s not showing the content under each user (unless it’s your own user-profile you’re logged into) – in their activity tab. So if I go to another user in the community I can’t see any of their content in the activity stream (even if they indeed do have content).

Hope it makes sense? 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52673

Hi Katrine,
    Thank you for the reply.

Though we are going to look into it, you can just think it in reverse too. Our plugin does not cause any issue if RT Media is not enabled. So, we do consider that they are doing something to cause it(most probably malformed ajax query string).

I will update you within 24 hours with a reason/solution from our end(if feasible) or suggestions for the resolution.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52708

Hello – Found a solution to this? 🙂

• Participant
    Katrine Spencer on #52725

Hello? 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52726

Hi Katrine,
    I am sorry for not updating you.
    yes, there is a conflict. The problem is with RT Media privacy code.

The proble happens due to them rewriting the BuddyPress sql in incompatible way(dropping activity meta table reference).
    https://github.com/rtCamp/rtMedia/blob/develop/app/main/controllers/privacy/RTMediaPrivacy.php#L39

If a plugin that works with BuddyPress and used reference to activity meta table will cause sql error as RT Media rewrites the whole activity query.

The solution is to have them avoid removing the wp_bp_activity_meta from the activity join.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved