BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto Join plugin question/issue maybe

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    T. R. on #52748

I want my users to auto join groups on activation when they register. I have 32 profile types (1 for each NFL team). The profile type I’ll use is “Arizona Cardinals Fan”, but when I use the condition of ‘Profile Type equals Arizona Cardinals Fan’ it doesn’t work. If I use ‘Profile Type starts with Arizona’ it does work. I do not have ‘User Registration’ checked in the settings. Is this a bug?

https://snipboard.io/lcmRtO.jpg
    https://snipboard.io/wVFbBQ.jpg

BuddyBoss Platform Version 2.6.20 by BuddyBoss (Latest version: 2.6.30) | Auto-updates disabled
    BuddyBoss Platform Pro Version 2.5.40 by BuddyBoss | Auto-updates disabled
    BuddyPress Auto Join Groups Version 1.2.3 by BuddyDev | Auto-updates disabled
    BuddyPress Display xProfile Version 1.8.3 by Wbcom Designs | Auto-updates disabled
    BuddyPress Extended User Groups Widget Version 1.0.6 by BuddyDev Team | Auto-updates disabled
    Code Snippets Version 3.6.5.1 by Code Snippets Pro | Auto-updates disabled
    Code Snippets Pro (Premium) Version 3.6.5 by Code Snippets Pro | Auto-updates disabled
    Football Game of the Week Widget Version 1.6 by The Ref | Auto-updates disabled
    LiteSpeed Cache Version 6.2.0.1 by LiteSpeed Technologies | Auto-updates disabled
    Paid Memberships Pro Version 3.0.4 by Paid Memberships Pro | Auto-updates disabled
    SportsPress Version 2.7.21 by ThemeBoy | Auto-updates disabled
    Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Member Blog Version 2.1.1 by Wbcom Designs | Auto-updates disabled

(Note for your posting guide… People can easily get a list of plugins without having to install a plugin to get that info. Navigate to ‘Tools > Site Health > Info > Active Plugins’. The list is there to copy.)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52755

Hi T. R.
    Thank you for purchasing from us.

We are looking into it.

There are differences between BuddyPress Member Type and BuddyBoss profile type implementation and that could cause it.

Please expect an update on Monday.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    T. R. on #52756

Thank you Brajesh. The plugin will work for me “as is” for 28 of my 32 profile types. I’ll run into problems when I get to the NFL cities that have 2 teams each. (Los Angeles/New York).

• Participant
    T. R. on #52760
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52761

Hello T.R.

Thank you for the acknowledgement. The equals and not equals operators work with string equality so please try to use them with the Profile Type slug. You can find them in Dashboard > edit profile type screen > shortcode meta box or you can take a reference from the following screenshot:

https://ibb.co/dtLY8Wr

Please give it a try with this and let me know if it works or not.

Regards

• Participant
    T. R. on #52763

Thank you. That solved it for me.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52765

Hello T.R.

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I am glad that I could help.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto Join plugin question/issue maybe’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved