BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Shortcode – primary_id attribute not working

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    pedrogarcia on #43545

Hello. THank you for providing the plugin and the code!. However im having one issue when trying to bring the activity stream of only one specific group.

I tested the following shortcode and it shows me all the latest group activities:
    [activity-stream object=groups]

But the one below gave me a “no latest activities found” even though the group HAS activities and the ID is the correct one:
    [activity-stream object=groups primary_id=20 allow_posting=groups primary_id=20]

PS. the allow posting attribute doesnt bring up the form either.

There is this issue in the console: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘strings’). at buddypress-activity-post-form.min.js?ver=10.1.0:1:2143

I am using the Astra theme and the latest wordpress version.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43546

Hello Pedrogarcia,

Welcome to the BuddyDev Forums. Please try the following shortcode to list group activities:

[activity-stream object=groups primary_id=20]

If you want to allow users to post. It will include the default activity posting form. It is experimental and may have issues with some of the themes as mentioned on the plugin page.

Please let me know if you are able to list the activities of the group or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    pedrogarcia on #43588

Hello Ravi.
    i tried this shortcode again but it just displays “Latest Activity. Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.”

Any idea why it might not be taking the ID?

regards,
    P.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43597

Hello Pedrogarcia,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. Please make sure the group has posted activities within it. If Group has an activity and still showing the message there might be chances that any other plugin or your active theme customizing or conflicts with the activity loop. Please try after deactivating other active plugins except for BuddyPress and Activity Shortcode and switching to the default theme temporarily and let me know if the issue still persists or not.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved