BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress Emails Not Sending

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Joseph Lawrence Walkollie on #45385

Some help here please.
    I am building my buddypress dating site using the cera-intranet and community theme along with the necessary addons and other essential addons on closte. I only recently configure SMTP using the WpMail SMTP Pro and all other emails are being sent, except for the buddypress emails, (registration emails, message emails, notification emails, and all other buddypress emails, non is being sent). When I check the WpMail SMTP Email Log, I do not see any buddypress email for the actions performed but I see other emails from other plugins. I have tried solutions posted other places but non of them helped.

Kindly help me and I will be really grateful.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45396

Hi Joseph,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

Your issue is not specific to your install. It is an issue with BuddyPress mailing system and the SMTP plugins.

BuddyPress does not uses wp_mail() and extend PHP Mailer to send email. This is not the standard way handled by WordPress(though WordPress does similar thing internally).

That’s why most of the smtp plugins are not compatible with BuddyPress. If an SMTP plugin needs to be compatible with BuddyPress, they will have to add some hooks/support specifically for BuddyPress.

Please contact the SMTP plugin authors and request them to support BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #45398

Alternatively you can force BuddyPress to use wp_mail by putting the following code in your bp-custom.php

add_filter('bp_email_use_wp_mail', '__return_true');

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45399

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I did not suggest this as this approach will force use of plain text email instead of the default BuddyPress HTML emails.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #45400
  • Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Joseph Lawrence Walkollie on #45403

Thanks everybody for the kind replies.
    I was able to fix the problem using this post https://wpmailsmtp.com/buddypress-activation-email-notifications/.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45405

Thank you Tosin and Joseph.

It is good to know the solutions being used to overcome the issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypress Emails Not Sending’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved