BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Moderation Tools Plugin Incompatibility

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Zenkai Online on #52783

Hi BuddyDev Support Team,

I hope you’re doing well. We recently purchased and installed the “BuddyPress Moderation Tools” plugin from BuddyDev, and I am using it with the “Vikinger” theme for my WordPress site. While I am excited about the moderation features your plugin offers, I have encountered several issues that seem to be related to theme compatibility.

Issues Encountered:

Moderation Controls Visibility: The moderation controls (e.g., report buttons, moderation dashboard) are not displaying correctly or are completely missing in some areas of the site.

User Interface Conflicts: There appear to be conflicts between the plugin’s UI elements and the Vikinger theme’s styling. This causes some elements to overlap or render improperly.

Javascript Errors: I am encountering Javascript errors in the console, which seem to be related to interactions between the plugin and theme scripts.

Notifications: Moderation notifications do not seem to trigger or display as expected within the theme’s notification system.

Steps Taken:

I have ensured that both the plugin and the theme are updated to their latest versions.
    I have tried deactivating other plugins to rule out conflicts, but the issues persist with just BuddyPress, BuddyPress Moderation Tools, and the Vikinger theme active.
    I have cleared all caches and reloaded the site multiple times.

Additional Notes: The suspended user message isn’t showing up when a user tries to login that has been banned.

Site Information:

WordPress Version: 6.5.5
    BuddyPress Version: 12.5.1
    BuddyPress Moderation Tools Version: 1.5.2
    Vikinger Theme Version: 1.9.17

Additional Information:

I am happy to provide any additional information or access you might need to diagnose and resolve these issues. I appreciate any guidance or fixes you can offer to ensure smooth compatibility between the BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin and the Vikinger theme.

Thank you for your time and support!

Best regards,

Brandan
    (Kokiri Site Admin)
    https://zenkaionline.com

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52809

Hi Brandan,
    Thank you for purchasing from us. I am sorry for the experience.

Our plugins are incompatible with Vikinger(The theme uses react and injecting external even handlers are complicated with it).
    We have issued a refund. Please check your PayPal account for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Zenkai Online on #52814

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for the prompt response and for issuing the refund.

It’s really disheartening to hear that the plugin is incompatible with the Vikinger theme, especially since it leaves us without a way to moderate effectively. Is there any possibility of making the plugin work with Vikinger? The primary issues are the ban and suspend buttons not appearing on user profiles and the member directory, as well as the login notices or notifications not showing to banned users.

Your help in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved