BuddyDev

Search

Change Coverphoto in Groups Bug

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Daniel on #53233

Hi,

I have opened a new account due that I cannot reset password of my other account.

I have currently a problem with changing the coverphoto of a group. When I click the link to change coverphoto then it results in error 404 page not found because the link that it redirects is https://www.mywebsite.com/?p=3669/new-test-group/cover-photo/

so instead of https://mywebsite.com/groups/new-test-group/cover-photo/ it replaces the slug /groups/ with /?p=3669/ and when I change the slug to /groups/ then I get redirected correctly.

Would it be possible to help me out to resolve the bug?

Thank you for your support.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #53234
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53237

Hi Daniel,
    Welcome back.

I am sorry, I just checked your other mail. If you still need to reset the password for the old account, Please let me know.

Have you updated BuddyPress recently? Try installing BP Classic plugin and let me know if that works.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #53243

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks, yes I would like to use my old username on buddydev.com. If you could send me a new password it would be great because when I try to reset it, I don’t receive an email from buddydev.com to my gmail account. My username of my old account is danielehrat2505@gmail.com. Thanks.

I have checked the BP Classic plugin but it says that I will need to have minimum the BuddyPress version 12.0. I have the version 11.1 installed because when I use a higher version, some plugins related to BuddyPress do not work anymore properly therefore I need to stick with the BuddyPress Version 11.1.

For the Cover Photo upload in BP Groups I use the Gears plugin from Dunhakis which has developped also the theme Thrive that I use. Is there any other possibility to resolve the bug that would come in your mind?

Thanks for your support.

Regards
    Daniel

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Daniel.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53253

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. For the password reset, Please see my next private reply.

2. I am sorry but you are using a theme which has been abandoned by its author. I am unable to provide support it.
    You should update the theme and move to atleast BP 12.5 +

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53254
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #53304

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks I could successfully access my other account.

Have a nice day.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53310

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I am glad it worked!

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved