BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress is not holding the conditional data

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mical Johnson on #27573

Just recently I’ve used the Conditional Profile Field plugin. Things were fine and working fine one day. But the very next day, I found all the conditional fields disappear from my project. It’s all in my local system and I haven’t made any changes.

I run Mamp Pro for my local system. We recently purchased the User Type Pro plugin and have been very happy with it. We really needed the Conditional logic for the Profile fields, thus we installed your free plugin. It worked great at the beginning. But then it stopped working for no reason at all. Upon further investigation we found out that all the Item id-s have been changed for some weird reason. For example: We have a drop down field where have the user choose different Sports (like Soccer, Baseball etc.). We set fields accordingly … it shows this when field is chosen:
    ([show if {Choose Your Sport} = 270]) … it works fine when it is set. But at the next login, the ID (270 here) would change to some other number, thus the login won’t work anymore.

Can you plz help us with this. Is there any way we can prevent this? Have you seen this kind of issue before? Plz let us know. We’s appreciate it very much.

Plz reply to this email: moose@cyberizegroup.com

I’m the dev that’s working on this. Thanx in advance.

Moose

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #27574

[CORRECTION:]
    ([show if {Choose Your Sport} = 270]) … it works fine when it is set. But at the next login, the ID (270 here) would change to some other number, thus the LOGIC (NOT LOGIN) won’t work anymore.

[had to do it this way cuz Edit button doesn’t work… ]

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27583

Hi Mical,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Is there any chance you are creating the options dynamically? I do not see any other reason why the ids will change(this plugin does not modify the ids.

Also, Please do know that BuddyPress limits field visibility by members type. So, if you assign a condition on a field and if the field is not available for user’s member type, the condition may not work as expected.

Please have a look and let me know you findings.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #27696

Thanx. I figured out what the problem was …

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27713

Hi Mical,
    Thank you for updating. I am glad you resolved it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress is not holding the conditional data’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved