BuddyDev

Search

Friends Suggestion – matching multi-select fields not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Arthur Schladt on #52524

Hi,
    Suggestions not working properly when I try matching multi-select fields (regular bb-profile fields, not x-profile).
    Suggestions show only if all selected options set the same in “Logged In User Profile Field” and “Matched User Profile Field”.
    For ex.:
    “Logged In User Profile Field” – multi-selected set: “Option1,Option2,Option3”
    “Matched User Profile Field” – multi-select field with the same Options.

So, it works only when in “Matched User Profile Field” selected same option set as in “Logged In User Profile Field”.
    If in “Matched User Profile Field” selected only “Option1” or “Option2,Option3” – matching not working, regardless of “Operator” (Equal To/Like).

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52525

Hello Arthur,

Welcome to the BuddyDev forums and thank you for using this plugin. As per the requirement, it needs a different operator other than “Equal To/Like”. In my opinion, we need to implement “IN / Not IN” operators for such a matching rule.

Also, please let me know first what you mean by “bb-profile fields, not x-profile”. Please clarify this.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Arthur Schladt on #52532

I mean that it is standard multi-select field type from Buddyboss Profile Fields set, not from “BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types” plugin.
    So, yes – maybe it should be an additional Operator.
    Could you implement it? Please! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52537

Hello Arthur,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Please wait till Friday I will give it a try to implement these operators and will let you know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Arthur Schladt on #52570

Hello Ravi,
    Any news about new operator’s implementation? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52573

Hi Arthur,
    I am sorry for the delay. I will have details from @ravisharma today and will update you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Arthur Schladt on #52606

Hi Brajesh,
    Any news about new operatorโ€™s implementation? 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52622

Hi Arthur,
    I am sorry for the delay.

The functionality is not available in the plugin. What you are looking for is not like but something like “Match any of”. The like operator works with text values.

The plugin does not support this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Arthur Schladt on #52642

Hello Brajesh,
    sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ™
    So, seems than this addon not working properly, because it should be a core function, I think.
    Because otherwise how can you make a matching in multi-select fields?!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52698

Hi Arthur,
    Thank you for the reply.

The addon does not support multiple field types(e.g repeatable, date etc). We do not have Match any option and the equality means all options. Like is for string.

This adodn may not serve your use-case and I will be glad to issue a refund. Please let me know and we will process it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved