BuddyDev

Search

giving user privacy control on who can create post on their timeline (buddyboss)

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Laz on #52838

I am aware that you can use add_filter(‘bp_get_send_public_message_button’, ‘__return_empty_array’); to hide the public message button in BuddyPress. However, I am currently using BuddyBoss and I am wondering if there is a way to add an option in BP Profile Visibility Manager that allows users to restrict access to friends only for the BuddyBoss “What’s New” form (write something to). At present, any user can visit another user’s profile activity (timeline in BuddyBoss) and post on their wall. This functionality is similar to the public message feature in BuddyPress.

Thanks,

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52841

Hello Laz,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I will look into it and will update you by the day end.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52846

Hello Laz,

Sorry for delayed reply. Please upgrade your plugin to ‘1.9.9’. We have added a new setting under Settings > BP Profile Visibility Settings > BuddyBoss Settings named ‘Enable wall posting restriction?’. You can also set the default privacy for wall posting. Please upgrade and give it a try.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved