BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to completely remove Buddydev plugins including deleting all files?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    politron on #53219

Hi!
    I have a multisite site that also has (1) BuddyPress, (2) BuddyPress Multi Network, and (3) BuddyPress Member Types Pro installed. I would like to completely delete all plugins associated with Buddypress, including all files. Please provide detailed instructions.
    Thanks in advance and best regards!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53221

Hi,
    Thank you for your question.

1. For our plugin(BuddyPress multuinetwork)
    a. deactivate and delete the plugin.
    b. visit phpmyadmin and search for ‘bp_mnetwork_users’ in the table name. Drop this table.

2. For Member Types Pro:-
    a. deactive and delete the plugin.
    b. Use any of the cleaning plugin and delete ‘bp-member-type’ post type

For BuddyPress, There is no definitive guide to clean. You can deactivate the plugin and look for _bp_ tables to delete. There are still user meta/options which might remain. I will suggest asking on BuddyPress.org forums for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #53230

Thanks a lot for your instructions. I’ll do it this weekend and hope everything will be OK.
    Kind regards!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53239

You are welcome.
    I hope it goes well.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #53246

Hi Brajesh!
    I have a couple more questions.

What exactly should be deleted with your instruction: “. . . delete ‘bp-member-type’ post type”?

The website is still under construction and not yet operational. I have already manually deleted all the “Member Types” that I created. Users/members that are created at this stage are only temporary and for testing purposes and I will delete them later. I didn’t make any posts at this stage.
    Is it even necessary to execute your instruction “. . . delete ‘bp-member-type’ post type” at this stage? . . . and if “YES” please explain why?

Thank you very much and best regards!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53247

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.
    If you have deleted all the member types, I don’t think there will be much left.
    You can still take a look using
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-cleanup/

to see if some entries for that post type exists and delete them.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #53260

Hi Brajesh!
    If I understand correctly, the table “wpiq_bp_mnetwork_users” should be deleted as shown in the picture HERE: “https://drive.google.com/file/d/12kPy25yFwCtxckp-La13YG1K-Po0X-Vo/view”
    . . .or maybe in some other way?

Please also write me if it matters what I delete first, the BuddyPress plugin or maybe the above mentioned table or the BP Multi Network plugin ??

Thank you!
    M. Papez

• Participant
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53262

Hi,
    Since BuddyPress or Multi network is not active, the order does not matter.

Your delete button is for deleting entries from table(deleting data). You can visit the Operations table and drop that table. Be careful and cross check that you are only deleting that table.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #53280

Hi Brajesh!
    Thank you very much for all the information and best regards!

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to completely remove Buddydev plugins including deleting all files?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved