BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress: Buddypress user menu – remove navs / subnavs

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kir on #25754

Hello,

I would like to remove the ‘edit’ subnav in each individual gallery in mediapress. How would I do that?

As below:

NAV: GALLERY
    SUBNAV: My Gallery | Create a Gallery | Featured Media | (REMOVE THIS subnav:) Edit | Add Media

Additionally, when you click ‘Add Media’ (as per the subnav above), I would also like to remove the ‘edit media’ sub nav in that row as below:

Your Galleries/test title/Add You have 95% of your 1GB space left
    View | (REMOVE THIS subnav:) Edit Media | Add Media | Reorder | Edit Details | Delete

How would I go about doing that?
    Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25792

Hi Kir,
    Please put this in your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'mpp_user_can_edit_gallery', '__return_false' );
    add_filter( 'mpp_user_can_edit_media', '__return_false' );

This should do it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kir on #25998

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you but I’d like to just remove the tabs – I still want users to be able to edit, but using the options in the other tab.

It looks like these tabs I detailed above that I want to remove are just for bulk editing – and I won’t need those so i’d like to remove them to keep the screens as simple and uncomplicated as possible for users, leaving the individual edit tools.

So how can I just remove, or ‘unset’ those tabs?

Ideally I prefer not to just hide the tabs with css, I don’t want it to be possible to navigate to them still – instead I want to totally remove the tabs, but hiding will do if I can’t do anything else.

I tried loads of things I can’t get it working

Thank you

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Kir.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26007

Hi Kir,
    The tabs are not stored. If you only want to hide the displayed link but not restrict functionality, your best option is to use css to hide them.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved