• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52983
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Stephanie on #52984

Hi Brajesh,

I disabled the “Role Based storage Limit” plugin then tried to upload some images to the new test gallery I made in your account, but after uploading 1 image at 1.09mb, it said I’ve reached the 5mb quota. I checked the test gallery you made – it has no images there so I believe it reached the 5mb after just one file.

You can check the new error logs.

Stephanie

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Stephanie. Reason: Add updates
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52986

Hi Stephanie,
    Thank you.

It is not just the image you upload. It depends on how many sub sizes(an image gets multiple sizes created as multiple images) you have registered.

I will suggest checking it on the server(It is organised in uploads/mediapress/members/User ID).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Stephanie on #52988

I looked at the “uploads/mediapress/members/User ID” location and found other images uploaded previously. It seems they did not show up even though they were uploaded, but because I could not delete them (due to fatal error when I try), it counts towards the storage quota.

That is about all I can do on my side. Can I just confirm with you, is this something to do with Mediapress that can be fixed? or something on my end that I am doing wrong eg a conflicting plugin? Just wondering if I need to abandon this or if you will still be able to look into it.

Thank you
    Stephanie

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52991

Hi Stephanie,

I believe MediaPress is working as expected.

While calculating storage, It checks your file system. Since the files are present there, It is correctly calculating the storage.

The issue is you had another plugin active that caused fatal error after upload but before mediapress was able to save its information to track in database. That’s why they are present on the file but not in database.

Since the conflicting plugin has been disabled, It will work as expected in future(I will suggest manually deleting the old file).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Stephanie on #53009

Hi Brajesh

I have a follow-up question. As you said, the storage calculation is based on the total storage, and includes subsizes. I checked all the uploaded files in the backend in the uploads/mediapress/members/User ID folder, and there were several sized variations of the same image. Is there a way to prevent the file from being created in multiple sizes to reduce storage space? I manually deleted the extra ones and there seems to be no adverse effects.

• Participant
    Stephanie on #53010

I can’t edit my previous messages so here is a new one: I uploaded 3.48mb worth of images before I got the message “You have 0% of your 5MB space left”. I checked the folder, and 3 subsizes for each image was created, in the folder, there were 5.09MB of images. There are no adverse effects to the way images are displayed if I delete the excess subsizes, but, after I deleted the excess images, the total amount of space that the left over images take up is 4.03MB, which is less than the 5MB limit I set, yet on the front end, it still says “You have 0% of your 5MB space left”. I am testing this on a brand new installation of Buddypress so I don’t have any other non-Buddypress conflicting plugins. I’ve cleared the cache and logged out and back in.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #53022

Hi Stephanie ,
    Thank you for the reply.

Calculating disk storage is a resource intensive process and we only do it if needed. We use transient to keep the storage sizes. They get cleared eventually when the user uploads/deletes new file.

Please try doing one of the above action for the user to force re-calculation of space.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved