BuddyDev

Search

Private message management has a problem

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #52710

Hi Budde-Dev Team,

I hope, you feel well.
    Can you help me: I just sent a private message from a profile with the private-message-form to an other member. I opened the profile of the recipient – clicked on “contact me” – and wrote my message into the form.

The recipient has whitelisted only one single member. This is not the profile from which I have sent my message. This would mean, the recipient does not allow me to send him private messages.

NEVERTHELESS I got the information “your message has been sent successfully”. On the profile from the recipient under “messages > inbox” were no message. BUT the recipient got an email in his email-inbox. AND the sender got an email too with the username and the full Email Address of the recipient.

I think, this should not work this way. When a member blacklists someone this blacklisted should not receive the contact details from the recipient in his email-inbox and there should be a negative message, that the message could not be delivered.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #52711

sorry – a mistake caused by me. I was puzzled by the different profiles. Nevertheless – the message is not listed under “messages – inbox” of the profile to which I really have sent it.

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #52712

sorry once more – forget my question – all is fine – I must use the button in the Cover Image “Private Message” and not “Contact me”.

Sorry my interruption – all is fine.
    Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52714

Hello Gisela,

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Regards
    Ravi

The topic ‘Private message management has a problem’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved