BuddyDev

Search

Show BuddyPress User Registration form everywhere on your BuddyPress site

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #18884

Hi Brajesh, I have tried to follow your guide here, but it is a bit unclear to me, which code should go in which PHP file.

You wrote ‘You can put the codes from this tutorial in your theme’s functions.php or bp-custom.php.’

‘I have copied the following code from it and saved it as register-form.php in my theme. You can do the same.’ So the first part of the code should be copied into register-form.php, and the rest in either functions.php or bp-custom.php?

Please clarify, where the different code snippets should be copied to.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18891

Hi Carsten,
    Someone created a widget with my code and put it on WordPress.org.

You may use that and avoid the coding

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddy-registration-widget/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #19031

Hi Brajesh, FYI, I had to deactivate this widget because of this message from the theme developer:

‘there is a 404 error on the buddyregistration.js. I assume this is the script thats required for the registration. Can you try reinstalling the buddyregistration plugin?’

Just to let you know.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19039

HI Carsten,
    Thank you for the reply. I don’t use that plugin. I knew they had used my code and that’s why had recommended them.

I checked and I see that there are a lot of things about it that I don’t like(file naming, and a few functions(1 or 2 I guess) that they decided to add on their own).

For now, Please look for “classes/class.buddy.registration.php” and comment out

wp_enqueue_script('buddy-registration-script', AUTH_PLUGINS_PATH . '/buddyregistration/js/buddyregistration.js', array(), '1.0.0', true);

// wp_enqueue_script('buddy-registration-script', AUTH_PLUGINS_PATH . '/buddyregistration/js/buddyregistration.js', array(), '1.0.0', true);

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved