BuddyDev

Search

Upload error and deleting gallery in Mediapress causes fatal error on site

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Stephanie on #52703

Hello

I have been working on a test site that uses Mediapress for the past month. I am not a developer, so all I do is install and activate plugins and create test user accounts with the applicable plugins and tweak settings. If I can find useful code, I add them in the right places (ie CSS and PHP). When things get messy, I delete the site and start over with the same plugins.

Today I was making some tests with Mediapress and some other third party plugins that I have used with Mediapress before during my tests. As before, I made a test account and created a gallery, then tried to upload some photos in bulk. They were within the allowed file size, and it worked all the times I tried Mediapress before on my test site, but this time for some reason, it seemed I couldn’t upload files – when I tried, every file said “HTTP Error”. When I tried to upload the files one by one, I got a message saying that the allowed storage limit has been exceeded.

This means that the files were uploaded but it did not show up or display.

Then when I tried to delete the gallery, after checking the box and pressing the “Yes I understand” button, it led to a page saying “There had been a critical error on this website.” on an otherwise empty page.

All other pages seems to work fine and I didn’t get a message as an admin, that let me know there had been an error on my site. Even the backend still works.

Not sure if it was due to some clash with another plugin, but I don’t think it should be, because I am using the same plugins as before.

The only other clue I can give is that today I installed everything twice after deleting the site twice. I noticed that the first time, the layout of the settings for Buddypress was different to usual – instead of allowing me to type the slug for the Buddypress pages (eg the register and members directory page), I had to select from a dropdown menu, and, those pages, including the activation page, were actually listed in the dashboard Pages page and I could, for example, edit the account Activation page. When I deleted the site and installed Buddypress (and Mediapress), it went back to the usual format of allowing me to edit the url slug.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #52707

Hello Stephanie,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1. HTTP Error”. When I tried to upload the files one by one, I got a message saying that the allowed storage limit has been exceeded

Please increase the upload storage size and then give it a try. MediaPress does not offer restrictions based on individual file size instead it offers a total storage limit for an individual user or a single site group.

2. when I tried to delete the gallery, after checking the box and pressing the “Yes I understand” button, it led to a page saying “There had been a critical error on this website.” on an otherwise empty page.

Please share the error so that we can help. To get the actual error please enable WordPress debugging mode. You can take a look here on how to enable this: https://developer.wordpress.org/advanced-administration/debug/debug-wordpress/

3. I noticed that the first time, the layout of the settings for Buddypress was different to usual – instead of allowing me to type the slug for the Buddypress pages (eg the register and members directory page), I had to select from a dropdown menu, and, those pages, including the activation page, were listed in the dashboard Pages page

With the BuddyPress version greater than ‘12.0’ there comes the feature which allows the site admin to configure page slugs of BuddyPress pages before this version it shows a dropdown of pages to select from also if you install the plugin ‘BP Classic with BuddyPress version greater than ‘12.0’ it will show dropdown.

PS: To MediaPress work properly on your site please install the ‘BP classic’ plugin

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved