How to Use it
- Download Limit Groups Per User
- Unzip it and upload limit-groups-per-user to wp-content/plugins
- Login to WordPress backend.
- Go to Dashboard->Plugins and activate Limit Groups per user(Network activate if BuddyPress is Network activated with Multiblogs enabled)
- Go to Dashboard->BuddyPress ->general settings and enter the number of Groups you want to limit.
- Have fun! no, wait, you will need to add following to your theme/groups/index.php since BuddyPress default theme does not include this action on directory pages.
Change required in bp-default/ groups/index.php for error message to appear.
<?php do_action( 'template_notices' ) ?>
It is used to show the error message to the user.