BuddyPress User Profile Visibility Manager is a plugin that allows you to give control to your users to manage their account privacy.
The BuddyPress User Profile Visibility Manages gives following controls to the users.
- A user can show/hide his profile in Members Directory
- A user can hide/show his profile in directory searches
- A user can hide/show his last active time
- A user can make set his/her account to following status:-
- Everyone: Everyone can see his/her profile
- Logged In Users Only: Only logged in users can see his/her profile
- Friends Only: Only his/her friends can see/access his account
- My Group Members: Only members of the groups of which the user is member can see the profile.
- Only Me: That’s private. Only the user and the super administrator can access his/her profile
- A user can allow/block friendship requests
- Depending on the settings, the user will not be visible anywhere( if they choose so), even will be hidden from widgets etc.
- Admins can set the plugin to be admin only( Only admin can change/update or set default settings in that mode).
- Simple hooks to customize the available privacy levels.
So, that is a mix of privacy + visibility or you can say, it allows your users to have preferences over what they want.
Here is the Profile Visibility Settings:-
For Version 1.2+, Profile Visibility manages allow you to set default privacy from admin options as shown below:-
- Profile Visibility PMPro Addon:- Control the profile visibility with Paid Memberships Pro levels(Needs BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager 1.5.6+ )