BuddyCircles:- The BuddyPress User Circles plugin is an add-on for BuddyPress. It allows users to create lists of users, e.g. Family, Close Friends, Colleagues, etc.
- Allow users to create circles of users(or lists of users).
- Filter activity by circles.
- Circle notifications.
And here is a list of all features for site admins:-
- Limit circle creation by roles.
- Configure if the circle will be a top-level tab or be managed under the friends component.
- Restrict who can be added to the circle:- Friends or all members.
- Control circle privacy.
- Automatically create default circles for newly registered members.
- Control notifications for add to circle or remove from the circle.
- Customize notification emails.
BuddyCircles is most suitable when you want your users to have the ability to create multiple lists of users and optionally follow their activity.
Adding a user to circle:-Social Subscribe Box is a fun-filled way to let your users subscribe to your Mailchimp newsletter on your WordPress site. It also supports linking to your social media profiles(for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn).
- Mailchimp Newsletter Subscription
- Social profile links for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+
- Completely customizable behavior and appearance(slideout box behavior/appearance)
- Simple, easy and fun, and lightweight.
We strongly believe that the plugins should be simple, lightweight, and fun. All the plugins that we wanted to use had a lot of unnecessary bloats. That's why we wrote our own. You can see it in use on this site.
Activity Screen filtering by Circle:-
Create circle form:-
The circle can be created from the popup that allows adding user or the user can also create it from their profile circles page.
Single Circle:- It lists all the users in that circle.
Default Circles on account creation:-
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q. Can Users filter activity by circles?
Yes, if you have activity filters dropdown available in your theme. Some themes/plugins(such as BuddyBoss disables the dropdown by default, you will need to enable it).
Q. Can circles be used to create privacy activities visible to the specific circle only?
No. Circle does not act as activity privacy. It simply allows you to filter activities by circle.