The BuddyPress Members with Uploaded Avatars Widget allows you to showcase the list of members who have uploaded their avatar recently/changed their photo.
It is a very simple plugin and my special thanks to Igor for the idea.
It works on two very basic principles
- We record when a member uploads a new avatar
- We remove the flag when the user deletes his/her avatar
- Show members who have profile photo uploaded
- Order the list randomly, alphabetically, by last active or popularity, recently joined
- Exclude specific users by id.
- Include users without avatars too
- Include users from certain member types
- Exclude users from certain member types
- For listing users, you can use default theme style(using members-loop.php) or the plugin style.
The plugin allows you to filter member list by recently active, randomness, popularity, alphabetically or by Joining date. You can further specify the no. of Users to be listed and their avatar size to be used. If you are using images below 50px size, I recommend choosing thumbnail in the type select box, else use full.
Here are a couple of Screenshots
And here is the output for me on my local server.
Please do note that the plugin will only be able to track the photo changes after it is activated. It won't track that for the users who uploaded images before this plugin was activated.
Github repo: https://github.com/sbrajesh/bp-members-with-uploaded-avatar-widget