BuddyPress Profanity Filter helps you maintain a safer BuddyPress community. You can use it to filter and replace unwanted words and make your community more inclusive for all.
It allows you to easily censor words in your BuddyPress activity update posts, BuddyPress activity comments, BuddyPress private messages subject, Private messages content, and more. BuddyPress Profanity Filter has flexible options that control easily these censor content over your community.
If you are looking for a profanity filter for BuddyPress or BuddyBoss platform or some way to censor some words on BuddyPress or BuddyBoss platform, The BuddyPress Profanity Filter plugin will help you achieve it.
- Allows site admins to create their custom profanity/censored words list.
- Allows site admins to enable/disable profanity filter for Posts, Comments, BuddyPress Activity Updates, BuddyPress Activity Comments, BuddyPress Private messages, bbPress forum content, etc.
- Has Option to enable case sensitive or insensitive matching for the profanity words.
- Has to Option for enabling strict filtering(whether to match individual words or even parts of the word in a sentence).
- Allows site admins to select different symbols for replaced characters in the censored words.
- Allows admins to control how the matched profanity words will be replaced.
- Has to Option for site admins to get notified when any content with censor words is posted.
Admin settings :-
How to use:-
After installation, Please visit Dashboard->Settings-> BuddyPress Profanity filter to tune the settings.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Can we filter censor words in Activities and Activities comments?
Yes, You can.
Can we filter censor words in Private Messages?
Yes, you can
Can we censor words in Group forums?
Yes, you can.
How do I add multiple words to the profanity list? Do I separate them by comma or new line?
Please use a comma to separate words.
Does it work with the BuddyBoss platform and theme?
Yes, It works well with the BuddyBoss platform.
Is there any limitation on the number of words in the filter?
There is no such limit. For performance reasons, we recommend keeping it in the range of 100s and not thousands. We use regular expressions for words matching and using a huge list will slow down the site.
I have more questions, where do I ask?
You can post in our support forums or contact us via our
Here is the BuddyPress Profanity in action
Installing BuddyPress Profanity Filter
BuddyPress Profanity Filter with case matching type(sensitive & insensitive case matching)
BuddyPress Profanity Filter with strict filtering
BuddyPress Profanity Filter demo with BuddyBoss Platform & Theme