BuddyPress Profile Data Moderator plugin allows you to moderate BuddyPress & BuddyBoss user profile field data on change. It automatically puts moderated field's data into the moderation queue on signup as well as on each profile update by the user. The moderated field's data is only visible to the profile owner as well as the site administrator.
Note:- Some fields are excluded from being moderated( Excluded fields types are Image, File, Single Member Type, Multi-Member Types, and From-To fields.) Also, From BuddyBoss Platform, repeatable profile field groups are excluded from moderation as well.
- Site admins can mark one or more profile fields as moderated fields. The moderated fields allow you to approve the user entered data before they appear on the site.
- Site admins can control the notification. They can opt to receive emails when a user updates moderated field.
- Site admins can also control the notifications for the users whose profile data gets moderated.
- Site admins can configure the action to either keep old field data or delete field data when the field's new data gets rejected by the admin.
- Site admins have complete control over email notifications that gets sent to the user on approval or rejection. They can enable/disable it and control the content.
- Site admins can whitelist one or more user roles. The profile update for these user roles will not be moderated.
General settings screenshots:-
Notification settings screenshots:-
Front end screenshots when a user with a non-whitelisted role update his/her profile:-
Front end screenshots when a user with a whitelisted role update his/her profile:-
Here is a notification screenshot for admin:-
Here is a notification screenshot for user approval/rejection notifications:-
BuddyPress Profile Data Moderator is the only BuddyPress plugin that allows moderating user's profile field data on a BuddyPress/BuddyBoss based social community.
How to use it:-
After installation, please visit Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress Profile Data Moderation and update settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we moderate the existing profile field data of the users?
No. Fields are marked for moderation only when they are updated by the user. If an existing user updates their profile with new data, then they will be marked for moderation.
Can we moderate profile field data for new user accounts?
Can we moderate profile field data for existing user's accounts?
Yes. When an existing user updates their profile, you will be able to moderate that change.
Can we moderate custom profile field data?
Yes. All fields are supported except some field types such as Image, File, Single Member Type, Multi-Member Types, and From-To fields. Also, from BuddyBoss Platform, repeatable profile field groups are excluded from moderation as well.
Does this plugin support notification features?
Yes. A complete notification workflow is available for approval/rejection of the fields data by admin as well as admin notifications on new profile updates.
Is it compatible with the BuddyBoss platform?
I have more questions, where do I ask?
You can post in our support forums or get in touch via our contact page.