WordPress S3 Slider Widget is a slideshow widget which allows you to showcase your posts in a nice slideshow. It uses the S3 slider* jquery plugin with slight enhancement.
A few reasons why I put this widget:-
- It has no nonsense code for heavy admin, you get simple but powerful option in the widget options itself
- Lastly, I liked the s3 slider and checked for WordPress, but no plugin existed with slider which uses post thumbnail.
Ok, enough reason for me to get started, and not to forget I wanted to put something cool for our very own theme BP Mag Theme. Though, this slideshow will work with any theme without any issue.
- Uses Post Thumbnail
- Allows you to control the height and width for each of the Widget Instance.
- The Images of your specified size are generated from the post thumbnail for one time and will not cause much load to your server
- Allows you to control how many posts and which category should be included in the slider
- Allows you to control the transition speed
- Allows you to control the overlay position, you get 4 overlay positions.
If you are Using BP Mag theme, you can leave the title blank(if you don’t like the title for slideshow) and It will look like this
And here is a screenshot with the TwentyTen theme
Now, Let us check the sideshow with different overlay positions:-
When Overlay position is left:
As you can see from the above widget-options screenshot, you can control the overlay positions, transition speed, image width & height , no. of posts to show in the slider and also from which categories they should be taken from.
- The link for the slider is http://www.serie3.info/s3slider/. It is not available now.