WordPress Ban Registration plugin allows to ban user registrations from a domain by using domains or emails or domain extensions. It works with WordPress, WordPress multisite, BuddyPress and Ultimate Member.
- Works with WordPress/WordPress Multisite and/or BuddyPress
- Allows you to ban new user registrations by
- Domain name(e.g example.com)
- Extensions (e.g. .info, .ru etc)
- Email address (e.g email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ban words in domain/email by wildcard.
- You can configure who is banned and what message to be shown in the plugin admin panel
- It is very efficient
A Banned User on BuddyPress registration page
Admin Page screenshot:-
The plugin admin page allows you to save the ban information and message. here is from my test site.
You can access the admin page from Dashboard->settings->Ban Registration Domain shown below.
Using the plugin:-
The email or domain or the wildcard patterns should be added as one entry per line as shown below.
There are two meta characters allowed in the pattern/entry
- * :- Matches anything. For example *one.com will match siteone.com, exampleone.com and so on. Multiple use is allowed like *spam* will match email@example.com, spam.com, spam.xyz, somespam.com somespamxyz.com and so on
- ? :- The question mark can be used to substitute a single character. For example, exa?ple.com will match example.com, exaple.com, exadple.com and so on.