BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] (1)I cannot change visibility of biography fields / (2) hide profile

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #51412

Hello BuddyDev Team,

(1)
    I have just created profile fields and generated two fields with the “biography” field type. I cannot change the visibility of these fields. They always reamin visible for everyone and even the profile owner cannot change the visibility. I’ve installed: Member Types Pro, Data Control, Data Moderator, Profile Visibility Manager.
    Other fields can be changed.

(2)
    When I login as a member and go to my Profile > Settings > Profile Privacy > List in members directory “NO” then the profile is hidden but also for me as profile owner. How can a profile owner edit his profile in future and make it visible again? Besides the path Dashboard > users > extended profile > view.

Thanks in advance.
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51424

Hi Gisela,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. Are you using BuddyPress or BuddyBoss? It depends on these 2 plugins and if you have the fields mapped to WordPress field. our plugins doe not deal with the visibility of the field.

2. I am sorry, that was a design decision to avoid a query. We will add an option in future to exclude the logged users from the hidden lists(in the site admin options).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51429

Hello Brajesh,

Thanks for your respond even on weekend.

(1) I am using BuddyPress. “fields mapped to WordPress field” – ?? I don’t know, what you mean? I edited all fields in the same way. Dashboard > Users > Profile fields > Add New field.

I noticed that every field has the option “Visibility” in the sidebar. Except the field biography.

(2) I am not sure we are thinking in the same direction respectively I understand your answer in the right way. As a Site Administrator I now already can reset the visibilty of a user. But the user itself cannot do it. He must contact the Site Administrator to get access to his own profile again.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51503

Hi Gisela,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. I see the issue. You have used one of the field types from the “WordPress Fields” option group.
    BuddyPress does not support visibility for them.

2. As a profile owner, I am assuming that they can access their profile from some other links(dropdown) etc and do not need to visit Directory to check their profile.
    You can add logged user’s profile link to your menu from Dashboard->Appearance->Menus.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51508

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you so much – these issues are solved.
    (2) – yes, in the Apearance > Menus was a link-option to my-profile.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51522

Hi Gisela,
    Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] (1)I cannot change visibility of biography fields / (2) hide profile’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved