BuddyDev

Search

404 PAGE

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jimmy Cheung on #35523

Hi Buddy,

This definitely giving an extra kick and looks for the buddypress tabs.
    Add Extra links to BuddyPress User Profile.

It took me good long and many time to figured out it’s this functions causing it. it continuously goes to the 404 page OFF/ON? It’s like 50% every time it’s clicked!!!

I also tested over 5 ++ times to make sure. Yes, confirmed for both 2 Strategies are giving 404 page.

https://buddydev.com/add-extra-links-to-buddypress-user-profile-menu-buddypress-group-menu/

Any fix for this function?
    Please advise,

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #35525

Hello Jimmy,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share the code you are using for adding new tab so that I can help.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35526

Hi Ravi

Thanks for writing back, this is what I did step-by-step. (I tried both ways, I like the wordpress more)

————————————————

Step 1 – I copy and pasted PUT THESE 2 functions IN THE FUNCTIONS.PHP

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘buddydev_register_menus’ );
    function buddydev_register_menus() {

register_nav_menu( ‘bp-profile-extra-links’, __( ‘Extra profile links’ ) );
    register_nav_menu( ‘bp-group-extra-links’, __( ‘Extra Group links’ ) );
    }

add_action( ‘bp_member_options_nav’, ‘buddydev_add_profile_extra_links’ );
    function buddydev_add_profile_extra_links() {

if ( has_nav_menu( ‘bp-profile-extra-links’ ) ) {
    wp_nav_menu( array( ‘container’ => false, ‘theme_location’ => ‘bp-profile-extra-links’, ‘items_wrap’ => ‘%3$s’ ) );
    }
    }

——————————————

Step 2 – I WENT TO THE EDIT MENU TO [CHECKED MARKED] AND SAVE.
    SAME THING WHAT THE PHOTO SHOWN.

[X] Extra profile links
    [X] Extra Group links

SAVE MENU
    ——————————————

THAT’S ALL ????????!!!!!!!!!

All the MENU also showning on the buddypress tabs along with the default.

NOW, Whenever I clicked any these new link tabs, and even the original TOP MENU links,
    it’s like rotates and take turns. sometime it goes to the 404 page and sometime it doesn’t?

Am I missing anything that’s why it gives me 404?

Please advise, Thanks,

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35527

Oh btw, forgot to say, I even saved the permalinks, clear all cache. over 20 times.
    I even clear all purge from the cpanel.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #35528

Hello Jimmy,

I have checked and test it on my development server and it is working fine for me. I have tried after adding to custom link to ‘bp-profile-extra-links’. Can you share me the demo admin credential of your site so that I can check.

Check this screen shot:

https://tinyurl.com/y46occes

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35529

Hi Ravi,

I just uploaded an older functions.php and keep on clicking different links and menus over 10 ++ times. It seems working fine. no 404 pages yet!

I wonder it could be cross functions issues with other one?

Since I loaded the older function.php . Please let me try again to matching which OTHER newest functions causing the 404????

I really like to get to the bottom of this to see which actual function caused it? And is it important to keep or not for other one?

It will take some times for me for matching. Please wait for my next reply?!

Also I may need to renamed the menu name? I was using the same menu!

Thanks,

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jimmy Cheung. Reason: rephase
  • Participant
    Jimmy Cheung on #35537

Hi Ravi,

I was matching and taken out the functions.php and bp-custom.php few at a time, I even overwritten these both files. it kept have links failure to 404?

However, It was a lucky tried this morning, I restored a whole backup from 2-3 days ago. I already clicked over 30 times from the buddypress menu, and regular menu. NO BROKEN LINKS TO 404 YET. 🙂 🙂 🙂

No matter whats? I still have to cross my finger tho. I will keep my eyes open on the clicks if it happens again?!!!

After I did the backup, it’s all good. Appearance, maybe it was from others what I had done that caused it?!

Well, I’m glad it’s ok for now. But still have to knock on wood.

Thanks Ravi for helping.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jimmy Cheung. Reason: rephase

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved