BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] A BuddyPress page has been added for the following active BuddyPress Components

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    la on #52276

Hey there,
    I am new to BuddyPress. I installed it a few days ago and I keep getting this message:
    A BuddyPress page has been added for the following active BuddyPress Components which did not have associated BuddyPress Pages yet: Activity, Groups, Activate. You may need to refresh your permalink settings.

It’s driving me nuts. It’s on every admin page on my site. I have created those pages. The slugs are there in the url settings for BP. I have re-saved permalinks ten times (although not as a different format, just clicked save), flushed the server cache and Breeze ten times, and still that message persists. I posted it on the BP Forum but no answers. I see people have been complaining about it for years and years.

Do you know how to fix it? I know it’s not a Buddy Dev thing, but I don’t know who else to ask, it’s really annoying. I’d appreciate it if you know how to make it go away. I’ve xd it out 100 times, it just comes back.

Thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52281

Hi,
    Please change the permalink temporary and save. After that you can use your old permalink and save again. That will fix it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    la on #52285

What do you mean temporary?

I solved this by finding another posters update in the BP.org forum, thank goodness they updated…
    By installing BP Classic

Then setting those 3 pages there.
    After you install it go to Settings > Buddy Press Pages and sure enough, now those three pages are unset. I had already created those three pages so I just set those three in those settings, then clicked Save in Permalinks (didn’t change the format, just clicked Save)
    And FINALLY that most annoying message is gone 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52288

Ahh I see. It seems there were some kind of conflict.
    You only need BP Classic after 12.0.
    For older version just changing and saving permalink twice(once with a different permalink structure and then you could use back with your old permalink) would have kept your old permalink but flushed the rewrite rules.
    That’s why I meant by temporary(using a different one for 1 time).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    la on #52290

Ah got it, ya it very much didn’t work but installing BP Classic, creating the pages, setting the pages was a winner.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52317

Great.
    Thank you for sharing the solution.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved