BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] A Couple of issues with current MediaPress

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Frank J Kelly on #52142

Hello

I want to share with you a few issues I’ve discovered with your current version of MediaPress.

When trying to access the Edit Media or Edit Details pages for a gallery or individual media, neither page will display. The other options (reorder, add, view, and add) work as expected, though.

I’ve tested with three different themes:

WBCom’s Reign
    Elemetor’s Hello
    Default WordPress Theme

Each of the tested themes exhibited the same behavior.

In MediaPress’s comment stream, neither the FAVORITE button nor the READ MORE buttons work

These two bugs were only tested for in the default WordPress theme since I assumed the results would be the same for any other theme. The browsers used were Chrome and Opera.

Also, for the heck of it, I deactivated Elementor, and the results were the same with the default theme.

Frank J

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52143

Hi Frank,
    Thank you for reporting the issue.

The issues are caused by BuddyPress 12.0 routing change and not the new WordPress or theme.

If you enable BP Classic, all the above issues will be resolved . @ravisharma is working on adapting plugin to new routing structure of BuddyPress 12.0 and we hope to have update in near future that won’t need BP classic plugin to work.

Please try installing and using BP classic and let me know if that works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Frank J Kelly on #52146

Thanks for pointing me to the BP Classic plugin. I’ve had it installed for a while, but this is the first time I’ve had a chance to use it.

Thanks
    Frank J

• Participant
    Frank J Kelly on #52148

Hi

It worked like a charm! Both Edit screens are correctly displayed. Also, the FAVORITE function works in the image timeline. The only thing still not corrected is the READ MORE function in the case of a very long comment.

Frank J

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52154

Hi Frank,
    Thank you for confirming the fix.

We will look into the issue of long comments read more issue in our future release.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved