BuddyDev

Search

A few Mediapress features asks

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #6053

Hi Brajesh, I have a few MediaPress feature asks:

1. Allow gallery display to be different for different galleries.

I’d like to have document galleries in list view and video/image galleries in grid view, but there’s nothing to stop me wanting one video gallery in list view and another in grid view so I’d prefer it if this was a per gallery setting.

2. Featured media shortcode – you have mentioned a featured media display widget, would it be possible to have a shortcode that displays a grid of a fixed number of featured images (for example) from all galleries?

3. Shortcode Search and sort by options – I’d like the gallery view shortcode to have and option to search all galleries for media and also for the viewer to be able to change the sort order (youngest first, oldest first, most popular first).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6057

Hi George,
    Thank you for the suggestions.

1. Good Idea, It is doable but needs some code to add this feature on gallery settings page/create page. It is certainly on the list. I specially wanted to do it with site wide gallery.

2. Sure, we will add it. For now, you may use the widget from here https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-featured-media

3. It should be in the theme domain. I will be happy to provide an example but I am not sure if including in core will make sense here.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved