Thanks for this awesome plugin. I have a few issues and I am looking for some advice!
1) When I activate add media via url and activate oembed. But deactivate the upload files. Then on the activity stream of buddypress it is showing the picture and video button, but i cannot click them to add an url. How can i add url then?
2) When I activate add media via link and also activate upload files i can open the dialog on the buddypress activity wall by clicking the picture or the video image. There i can add the url but, when i click on ADD, it automaticly places an X after the domain. So http://www.egocentralis.nl will become http://www.egocentralis.nlx . And then it is not working. How can i get rid off the x?
3) Issue 2 is also happening in the gallery in the buddypress profile
4) The maximum upload size is showing as 256 mb a picture. Where can i give another maximum mb to this? I think this is about my php settings but it should be nice if i can only change this for the plugin mediapress.
5) I can imagine that when a lot of user using the upload function the website needs a lot of storage space for all of this media. How can i take care this media will stored on another server or place?
Thanks in advantage and sorry for my bad English.
- Brajesh Singh on May 1, 2023 at 8:56 am #49344
Welcome to BuddyDev.
1. It seems to be a css conflict. Which theme/template pack are you using?
2/3. The ‘x’ allows you to delete the content. If the media is not visible, probably the url you are adding does not provide photo/video embed type.
4. Please see this to change php maximum upload size. This is a server level configuration. MediaPress can restrict below it but not above it.
5. You may use an offloading solution for WordPress to achieve it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.