BuddyDev

Search

Add Link ?

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #26783

With MediaPress activities, the “Add Link” seems to fail. I tried to place a link from say YouTube and it states “This type is not supported”, so then I tried a link from say, CNN or CNBC, but it errors saying, “Sorry, can not add the url.”

Do you have any suggestions how to make this work?

Thank you.

And in case you are state side, Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26791

Hi,
    Happy Thanksgiving:)

Can you please click on the video icon and then try adding the youtube link? It might have happened dues to video not being current tab.

It only supports oembed providers supported by WordPress core, that’s why does not work with CNN or CNBC.

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26795

Hello, again. There is no video icon. I have settings for Oembed Support = Yes, I have Enable Adding Media Through Link = Yes, I have Enable Adding Direct Link To Files From Other Sites = Yes, and Download The File To Your Server = Yes.

I see the Upload Photo button and Activities Submit Button.

When I click on Upload Photo the MPP Upload Dropzone Acivity shows, and underneath it, the MPP Feedback Remote Media Upload Feedback field shows (“Enter a link”) with the +Add button.

I don’t see a Video Icon for YouTube videos.

I can place the YouTube video in the Activity TextBox and it gets transformed into a YouTube video when update is submitted.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26796

Thank you for the details.

since you want to add youtube videos to MediaPress, You will need to enable video type in MediaPress.

Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->settings and make sure the type is enabled in general and the members settings.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26970

Okay, thank you! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved