BuddyDev

Search

Add links user blogs in groups

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #10110

Hi Brajesh,

I’m creating a community site for schools in my area. You are working on having users automatically added to groups (teacher’s class) upon registration and that is awesome.

I have one more idea and hope this is possible. I am running a multisite with buddypress on the main site. When students register they are automatically given a site/blog on the network. This all works great.

Is it possible to create a new tab in the group (teacher class) menu that will display a list of the students blogs? Ideally it would be great if the teacher could see the list and click on the student blog link and a new window/tab would open up. This would allow the teacher to mark the students blog in the new window or tab and still have the group page open in the original window.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if I need to explain it a little better.

Thanks again for all the work. It’s really appreciated.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10112

Hi Jay,
    Thank you for posting.

It is doable but there is no out of the box solution. BuddyPress does store the user to blog relation but it does not keep the role.
    So, An student will most probably be member of the main site and his/her personal site.
    Group Extension and blogs loop and some hard coding/sql for fetching the blogs.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved