BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Add new subtab on edit profile screen after all field groups

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nitin Shah on #38886

On the Edit profile screen in the BuddyPress profile of a user, I would like to add a new subtab that displays a form shortcode from formidable forms.

The location where I wish to add the tab for form is visible in this image: https://pasteboard.co/K4f7sQf.png

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38889

Hi Nitin,
    Welcome back.

Adding tab is not difficult but showing the form is not that simple. You can add a tabg with this code(or modify it to point to some other url)

add_filter( 'xprofile_filter_profile_group_tabs', function ( $tabs, $groups, $group_name ) {

$link  = '#'; // use your link.
    	$label = 'My Tab';
    	// Add tab to end of tabs array.
    	$tabs[] = sprintf(
    		'<li><a href="%1$s">%2$s</a></li>',
    		esc_url( $link ),
    		$label
    	);

return $tabs;
    }, 20, 3 );

I will suggest using a page url in the link and put your form their to make ti simple.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nitin Shah on #38927

I noticed you have a plugin called “BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro”. I see that I can add a tab to the main nav and the subnav. Can it also add subtab to the profile edit screen?

I have a shortcode to display the form so if the plugin can add the subtab to profile edit screen, based on the documentation, I can just use the form shortcode in content field of the newly created tab.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38935

Hi Nitin,
    The plugin can add sub nav.

The Profile Edit Group Tabs are not sub navs. They are all parts of the profile/edit sub nav. So, the Profile tabs plugin will not be of much help here.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Add new subtab on edit profile screen after all field groups’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved