BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] add twitter video in activity stream

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    djoula on #19788

it’s not work for me
    is there any way to add link for twitter media in activity stream ? And display the media in acitivity stream and gallery ?
    “Activity Plus” plugin do the job for twitter link
    Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19789

Hi djoula,

Thank you. The reason is we support linking in the following 2 cases currently

1. The link is a direct link to a file hosted on any site.
    2. Or the link can be embedded via oembed.

In the second case, we go a bit further and check for the content type of the oembed response before allowing it.

In case of twitter, the returned content type is “rich” and from it we are unable to deduce if it is a video or status update.

That’s why MediaPress does not support it. We support the providers which explicitly state the oembed content type to be video/photo.

AS for activity plus, It works by scrapping the content from the page and adding it. So, they are able to deduce the type and add it.

We are hoping to have a new type(rich content/link) and do the same in march onwards.

PS:- I have received your messages and was going to suggest using Activity Plus for the same but I see that you have already tried it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    djoula on #19790

thanks for the prompt reply
    Regards

The topic ‘ [Resolved] add twitter video in activity stream’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved