BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Admin Bar issue

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #30037

Hello,

I’m having some troubles with the Admin bar. I am running a Multisite with Buddypress on the main site. I also have Woocommerce on the main site and will be running it on several other subsites.

The issue I am having is that the Admin bar disappears for for the user role “subscriber” and “customer” when Woocommerce is activated.

I am trying to customize the Admin bar for the user with just the My Site on the left side and the profile menu on the right side. I want the user to be able to navigate quickly between sites they are registered on and be able to access their buddypress profile links.

Buddypress is Networked activated and the “Show Tool Bar for logged out users” is unchecked in the Settings -> Options.

When Woocommerce is deactivated everything works as normal. I’ve seen some similar issues on other forums but no answers. So I’m probably missing something.

I’ve deactivated the plugins and default twenty-twenty theme and still get the problem. This is how I narrowed it down to the Woocommerce plugin.

Not sure if you have any ideas but any help will be greatly appreciated.

There are login details on the other thread I have but please let me know if you need them again.

Thanks for the great help and support,

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30044

Hi Jay,
    You can use the following code to enable adminbar for all with WooCommerce

add_filter( 'woocommerce_disable_admin_bar', '__return_false' );

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #30070

Hi Brajesh,

I added the code with the XYZ PHP Code Snippet plugin but no luck. I still don’t see the Admin bar for the subscriber/customer user.

Should I put the code directly into buddypress bp-custom.php?

Thanks,

Jay

• Participant
    Jay Anderson on #30075

Hey Brajesh,

I figured it out. I had to create a child theme for each of the themes I’m using and add the code into the functions.php file.

So it appears to all be working properly.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30092

Hi Jay,
    I am glad to know it worked. The alternative was to put it in bp-custom.php

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved